We are hiring! ITEP has an immediate need for an assistant to our Communications Manager. This individual will aid in the creation, planning, and implementation of communications and major events that support ITEP’s mission.
The Communications Assistant will report to the Communication Manager. This is a full-time, entry-level position located in Glendale, California. Starting pay is commensurate with experience.
- Assist with planning, management, and successful execution of major events such as ITEP’s Annual Scholarship Dinner, GPS Your Future Student Conference & Expo and other events that promote the mission, expertise, and vision of ITEP
- Assist with content generation and proofreading of communications, including ITEP’s blog, website, Constant Contact newsletters, press releases, post-event reports
- Work with the Communications Manager to establish a marketing and editorial calendar
- Support social media messaging and strategy on the ITEP blog, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Assist with the development of promotional marketing materials
Work/volunteer related experience preferred.
- Event planning and implementation
- Social media expertise, specifically with Facebook, Twitter, WordPress blogs, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and email delivery software such as Constant Contact
- Website development preferred
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- A demonstrated ability to communicate on a business level
- A passion for non-profits; flexible, resourceful, and energetic
- Some travel and off-site work required
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Denise Capurso via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.